It doesn’t matter if you are a small entrepreneur, if you have a large company or if you are self-employed. A control of working hours is essential to keep productivity at its peak. There are many ways to do it, from paper records to large administrative systems, through programs such as Excel
But today, you have quite complete solutions that you can comfortably carry on your smartphone and tablet, which are also totally free. Are you interested in knowing them? Then be sure to check out this list with the best apps for clocking in and time control that we have prepared for you.
1. Time & Attendance
The first application that we will talk about today is Control de Horas, the perfect app to keep track of the hours worked. Among the possibilities offered by this app we can mention:
- You will be able to add and edit the daily working hours.
- Wage calculation according to hours and price per hour.
- You have access to summaries in different presentations and time periods.
- You can consult your total hours and filter them by periods or type.
Along with all this, it gives you the ability to export your data according to the presentation format you choose
2. Time Tracking
BixPe, the digital solutions platform for companies, also has an application aimed at recording working hours. All you have to do is register on the platform and enter your employees’ data. Everyone will receive a link to download the app to their devices so you can control all activity from your main panel. Let’s see what it has to offer:
- Logging from personal mobile, web or via private PIN on a main device.
- Registration of start, end and breaks of each day.
- Calculation of total hours worked or paused by periods.
- Adjustment of start and end time.
This app also has a paid version that gives you access to options such as geolocation, identity verification and notifications. It is also available for Android and iOS.
3. Workin Hours 4B
Another complete app to keep track and record your working hours. Its design is intended to be comfortable and easy to use, for quick implementation in your work environment. Among its functions we can highlight:
- Automated calculation of hours worked, overtime, breaks and bonuses.
- Calculation of earnings by predefined or customized periods.
- It has a dynamic calendar to record hours, working days, vacations, etc.
- Notification and control of paid and unpaid hours.
- Allows data export in different file formats.
- Display of statistics about earnings, hours worked and more.
It also has a notification service and synchronization between multiple devices.
4. Work Logging
This is probably the most complete and powerful app on our list. This is due to a wide functionality that goes beyond what these apps generally offer in free versions. Each function is designed to streamline the tasks of recording and calculating hours worked for the entire workforce:
- Option for manual shift entry or preset marking
- Ability to customize to suit different work formats and schedules.
- Automatic calculation of working hours and payments, including overtime, bonuses, deductions and more.
- Can keep track of sales made and tips received.
- It also allows the accounting and calculation of miles worked.
- You can define breaks for each work shift.
It also has useful widgets to quickly mark or add new shifts.
We will now talk about an app that is completely free, which has a very polished and well-crafted interface for easy logging and control. In addition, it has servers for data logging, although it may well work offline. With Clockify you can:
- Track and record each day with a simple tap on the screen or manually.
- Define which hours are billable.
- Keep a weekly record of activities and quickly create hourly templates.
- Have an interactive calendar to visualize the planningof workdays, which supports synchronization with Outlook and Google.
- Access a complete dashboard that shows detailed graphics and statistics of the entire work team.
- View and export drill-downreports according to your preferences.
- Plan and track the progress of projects.
- Record expenses and invoicing.
- Site registration, routes and screenshots.
- Control of free time and contributions of each team member.
In addition, it is cross-platform and allows synchronization with project management applications such as Trello and Asana, among others.
6. Time recording
This application is not as intuitive to use as the previous ones, but that is due to its high capacity for customization and configuration. It has a very good rating from users, which speaks of how efficiently it is doing its job. In addition to the basic logging functions, it has quite interesting features and capabilities:
- You can assign tasks and add daily notes.
- You can elaborate descriptions by day, week or month.
- Generate reports in Excel or HTML format.
- Works in conjunction with Drive, Dropbox and OwnCloud for backups and reports.
- Can be synchronized with Google Calendar.
- Multi-device synchronization.
In addition, its functionality can be enhanced with useful plugins that allow synchronization with smartwatches, use of NFC tags and more.
7. 365 Chrono
We close our list with a much simpler application than the previous ones, but it offers the basic functions needed to keep track of each day . Just configure your work schedule, including days off and holidays, and that’s it. This app will give you options for:
- Make the clocking in/out times.
- Control the breaks of each day.
- Generate reports with the workday records.
- Save geolocation data.
As an extra, the app has a notification service to alert you when the start time is approaching.